Responsibilities for the Quality Representative is something that thriving business owners think about when embarking on a continual improvement project. Most successful business leaders feel that they would be better off to assign the improvement project to one specific person. The Quality Representative has a very intriguing Job Description as will be highlighted in this blog post.
Why should a company hire a quality representative?
First of all, it has to be pointed out that there is not ISO requirement to have a person whose role is solely of being the ‘Quality Representative’. The various roles and responsibilities can be split over a number of people. The most important thing is that the work gets done, and follow-up actions completed.
Having said that larger organizations (more than 25 people) might considering adding another person to ensure that the continual improvement projects are implemented. That person can be the quality representative.
Responsibilities for the Quality Representative
- Academic background in engineering
- Strong command of Microsoft excel
- Excellent Project Management skills
- Experienced in statistical process control
- Previous experience in a manufacturing environment
- Strong oral, written and presentation skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to communicate with all level of staff and management
- Inquisitive and curious personality
- Intrigued by problem solving
- Committed and determined on continual improvement (even on a personal level)
- A leader by character
- Goal driven
- Proven ability to work in ambiguity
Conclusion: Responsibilities for the Quality Representative
The Responsibilities for the Quality Representative change from one organization to the other, however it is always imperative not to hire someone, who’s role is ‘to handle’ ISO. To reap the full benefits of ISO Certification, it is important to instill the management practices mentioned by the standard as the ‘standard way of doing things’.